A small investment in regular maintenance can extend the life of your garage door and help make your property safer overall. Preventative maintenance can involve several steps depending on the model and configuration of your garage door. Every property is different, which is why it’s so important to partner with a service expert who can develop an appropriate maintenance schedule.
That’s where TF Draper comes in. We provide garage door maintenance for homes and businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest. Based in Forest Grove, OR, we are conveniently located to provide on-site service in Portland, Vancouver, Lake Oswego, West Linn and beyond.
Residential and Commercial Garage Door Maintenance
TF Draper provides maintenance for all garage door makes and models. We are an authorized Clopay® dealer and a representative of several other major manufacturers including Northwest Door, Amarr, Wayne-Dalton, JELD-WEN and LiftMaster®. If we identify damage during routine maintenance, we are qualified to perform warranty repairs for these and other manufacturers, and we can help ensure any paperwork is submitted properly.
Our technicians receive extensive training to stay up-to-date on the newest residential and commercial garage door systems. Whether it’s your home or a high-traffic industrial facility, we have the expertise necessary to identify problems and keep your garage doors running their best.
Garage doors may seem simple, but they contain several moving parts that require regular inspections and service to ensure proper operation. As a homeowner or property manager, you are well-positioned to identify signs of a problem, such as screeching or unsteady opening and closing. However, other issues may be harder to spot. Regular garage door maintenance by a qualified technician can involve any combination of:
- Alignment and Realignment: A garage door must be well-balanced to work properly. While often all it takes is a minor adjustment to realign a garage door, sometimes poor alignment or balance can be indicative of a more serious problem.
- Roller maintenance: Garage door rollers should be inspected and lubricated regularly to prevent wear and ensure smooth opening and closing. While lubricating the rollers is a task any homeowner can perform, TF Draper can complete a more comprehensive inspection to look for other potential signs of damage.
- Spring maintenance: Spring maintenance should always be left to a professional, as these parts are under high tension and can be dangerous if they break. TF Draper can safely look for rust and other wear, as well as perform any necessary lubrication or adjustments.
- Spring repair: Garage door springs will wear out over time — being proactive about replacement is essential. Our technicians have the expertise necessary to identify when repairs or maintenance can extend the life of your springs, and when a full replacement is necessary.
- Section repair or replacement: The main benefit of sectional garage doors is that accidents are contained to one area, making repairs or panel replacement more affordable and less invasive. We can perform section repair or replacement to correct rust, dents or other damages that compromise safety and performance.
- Cables inspection: Garage door cables should be properly tensioned and routinely inspected for signs of physical damage. Our technicians know what to look for and how to test for potential issues that can lead to a problem in the future.
- Annual tune-ups: Annual tune-ups comprise the above services as well as more general garage door maintenance, such as clearing and cleaning the tracks, replacing aging weather-stripping, testing the door’s auto-reverse and other safety features, and tightening any screws, bolts or hinges.
Follow the links above for more information about individual maintenance items. To book an appointment or to request a quote for garage door maintenance, contact Forest Grove’s TF Draper by phone or email.