Overhead garage doors range from the simple service and counter doors found in storefronts and restaurants to high-traffic products designed to meet the demands of busy shipping centers, garages and other industrial facilities. Whatever your requirements, TF Draper can match you with a quality product that meets your budget and branding requirements. Keep reading to learn more, or contact our office directly to request a consultation.
What to Look for in an Overhead DoorThere are several things to consider when shopping for and pricing out an overhead garage door for your business:
- Speed and functionality: If your productivity requires moving packages, materials or other items in a streamlined manner, you want a door that can open quickly and reliably, time after time. Look for a door that’s well-balanced and matched with an appropriate operator to meet your workflow requirements.
- Durability: Overhead doors intended for outside use must be durable enough to stand up to long-term exposure to the elements — particularly in the Pacific Northwest. Durable doors are also required in warehouses, shipping centers and other facilities where forklift accidents are common. Another important consideration is the ease with which damaged sections can be replaced.
- Maintenance requirements: In addition to being time-consuming, overhead door maintenance can be a major ongoing expense in commercial facilities. Accessible components, such as springs and bearings, can simplify the repair process — an important consideration when doors are subjected to heavy-duty use.
- Energy efficiency: Commercial overhead doors are made from a variety of materials, including steel, fiberglass and aluminum, with several different insulation options. Lighter doors will be more economical to run, whereas thicker, insulated products will reduce energy loss in heated and air-conditioned facilities.
- Aesthetics: Branding, safety and visibility considerations may require having your door painted a specific color. Overhead doors can also be outfitted with windows and specialty hardware to meet your needs.
- Cost: Of course, one of the most important considerations for any business buying a commercial overhead door is cost. Doors that offer more of the above features will be more expensive to purchase. Whether this expense is worth it depends on the nature of your operation and the specific benefits these features provide.
Commercial Overhead Door OptionsTF Draper has a number of options for any business looking to replace or upgrade their overhead door. Some of the products we offer include:
- Sectional doors: Sectional doors offer the best combination of operational flexibility, energy efficiency and customization options. Sectional doors can be used for standard, high and full vertical lift operation, and come in the widest range of colors and finishes. Insulated models are available also, making sectional commercial overhead doors the best choice for refrigerated or heated facilities where energy conservation is a priority.
- Rolling doors: Generally speaking, rolling doors are the most cost-effective and durable type of commercial overhead doors. They are available in a number of different materials and are easy to adjust if they become unbalanced. Rolling steel systems typically feature heavy-duty steel guides that deliver excellent long-term performance. Choose a rolling steel door if you want a reliable workhorse with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Sheet doors: Sheet doors are the most economical option for businesses on a budget. In addition to their low purchase cost, sheet doors are also the fastest to install and set up, which means reduced downtime for your operation. High-quality sheet doors can still be quite durable, and are available in a variety of colors and configurations.