With so many garage door designs and materials available for garage door replacements, how can homeowners choose which type is most practical for their needs, and is also convenient and attractive? Today, you can choose from a variety of materials including steel, aluminum, glass, fiberglass, solid wood and faux wood. Of these materials, faux wood, or “wood look” garage doors, offer the perfect blend of beauty, cost-effectiveness, durability and design options.
What Are Faux Wood Garage Doors?
Faux wood garage doors offer the warmth and appeal of a solid wood door with the durability and affordability of alternative garage door materials. A wood look garage door is typically crafted from an aluminum, steel or fiberglass interior that’s been finished with an overlay of faux wood or composite — some manufacturers will coat the door with real wood pieces to act as a more convincing wood grain, color and texture.
Benefits of Faux Wood Garage Doors
While wood doors have traditionally been sought after by homeowners for their visual appeal, customization variety and durability, faux wood styles are growing in popularity because they solve several issues regarding traditional wood, like expense and maintenance.
Additional benefits of faux wood garage doors include:
- Low Maintenance: To keep wood doors in pristine condition, homeowners must perform regular maintenance, like staining and painting, to ensure quality and appearance. Faux wood mimics the look of wood without constant maintenance efforts and can be easily cleaned as it becomes dirty.
- Durability and Weather Resistance: Faux wood doors have been tested for lasting quality and dependability and can easily resist common door damage like dings, dents and cracks. With a faux wood door, you also never have to worry about elements causing rot and warping the door — wood look can reliably withstand a variety of climates without fading or becoming damaged.
- Long-Lasting Lifespan: Because of its construction and qualities, faux wood doors can last many more years without upkeep than their wood door counterparts.
- Lightweight Construction: With a faux door, you get the appearance of a wood door without the restrictions — including weight. Faux wood doors won’t require the opener requirements solid wood typically needs and can be easily maneuvered by homeowners.
- Design Options: While wood doors offer a variety of design and material customization options, you can find similar styles and colors with faux wood. Many Clopay® faux wood garage doors are available in an assortment of paint and stain finishes to easily fit your style and the aesthetics of your home.
Reach Out to TF Draper to View Our Selection of Faux Wood Styles
Whether you know which type and style of faux wood garage door best suits your needs and design tastes or you need help choosing a door style that works, rely on the professionals at The TF Draper Company to help you find a quality garage door that you’ll be pleased with for years to come. We exclusively offer a wide selection of Clopay garage doors — the leading residential manufacturer of garage doors — in a variety of styles and materials that will add beauty to your exteriors and offer unmatched durability for many years.
For nearly 40 years, we’ve created trusted and lasting relationships with homeowners throughout the Greater Portland area, helping with all of their garage door needs — including installation, maintenance and repair. We even service commercial garage door models.
Explore our wide selection of Clopay faux wood garage doors today and feel free to call us at 503-357-1103 with any questions you may have. To request services, complete our online scheduling form or request a free estimate.