Since the garage door is one of the most frequently used pieces of moving equipment in any home, it’s crucial that you have a company you can trust for installation, maintenance and repairs of your door and opener throughout the entire year.
At TF Draper, we’ve served Vancouver, WA, and the rest of the Pacific Northwest region for close to 40 years. Since we’re family-owned and local, we consider our residential and commercial customers our friends and neighbors. If you partner with us, you can expect accurate estimates, quick service and high-quality work.
With the extreme weather of our region and the wear and tear associated with everyday garage door use, it’s inevitable that you’ll need occasional repairs. The products you get from TF Draper won’t need frequent repairs because of their exceptional quality, but when rust, dents or other malfunctions occur, we can repair them quickly and affordably even if you didn’t get your door from us originally.
We even offer 24/7 emergency repairs — usually on the same day that you call us. We even implement a temporary fix if a permanent one can’t happen immediately.
You need a garage door installer you can trust so you know you don’t have to deal with gaps that let air in or an off-balance door that doesn’t operate like it was built to. Our experienced technicians know the best setup and configuration for doors and openers from leading brands like LiftMaster®, Clopay®, Northwest Door, Jeld-Wen, Wayne-Dalton, Amarr and more.
We also provide exclusive warranty coverage for almost every product we sell and we complete installations and services typically within ten days or less to suit:
- Residential needs: Homeowners throughout the region have trusted our high-quality installations for years. We consider your specific lifestyle, needs and budget when we plan your garage door and opener package and offer you an accurate estimate for everything involved. We’re known for our custom wood garage doors, but we also provide steel products and a variety of hardware and accessories to improve the appearance and functionality of any home for any preferences. Design magazines often feature our work.
- Commercial companies: We have served some of this area’s busiest and most successful commercial clients for years, which means we understand that downtime for repairs is unacceptable. We know the garage door you choose is crucial to your security and productivity, which is why we sell an extensive selection of customized rolling steel overhead doors for your business. We can sell doors and openers that have high speed, impact resistance, insulation and more, and we have the experience to install them right.
A garage door or opener that lasts forever without maintenance and occasional repairs is unheard of. Every door requires regular checkups and upkeep to combat natural wear and tear. Even one component on your door with rust, dents or other damage can be unsafe for you, family, neighbors, pets and other property. Garage doors are heavy and their springs pack a lot of tension, so faulty parts can easily be a problem for the rest of the door or the surrounding area.
Call TF Draper to handle any of the following preventative maintenance:
- Visual inspection: The first step is a visual checkup by an experienced professional. Springs, cables, rollers, mounting hardware, pulleys, tracks and other garage door parts can warp or acquire other wear and tear damage that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
- Balance test: Balance is essential with your garage door if you want it to rise and close without any hiccups. The door should be disconnected from the opener and inspected with manual lifting. If it is excessively heavy, comes down unevenly or gets stuck in the process, there could be a problem with the springs.
- Automatic reversal system check: This is an important safety feature that keeps the door from closing if something is in its path. A piece of wood in the door’s path is the perfect test — the door should stop and reverse. If it doesn’t, there’s a problem.
- Lubrication: Almost every moving part in every garage door system needs proper lubrication to maintain functionality. Rollers, springs, chains and screws without lubrication will most likely work for a lot less time and need replacement much sooner.
- Tune-ups: Our technicians will tighten hinges, screws and bolts and clean and clear the tracks on your door.
- Repairs: If our inspection shows that any one of your garage door components needs a repair, we diagnose the problem and complete the work to get your door up and running correctly in no time.
- Replacements: Sometimes a spring, panel, cable or other component will be damaged beyond repair. We can replace these parts so you don’t end up needing to purchase an entirely new system. We also apply new rollers and weather-stripping when the parts are cracked, brittle or worn.
We will put together a maintenance schedule that suits your timeline. Putting off a repair can cause more damage than it’s worth. Maintaining your garage door is a worthwhile investment that will save you money in the long run. Don’t forget to pay close attention to your door throughout the year for signs like extra-slow operation, hesitation when you try to open the door, noticeable outward damage or strange sounds like clanking, creaking or squeaking.
If you notice anything amiss, don’t wait to contact TF Draper.
The garage door opener is just as important as the door itself and there is a wide selection of openers on the market. Our team will help you choose one that suits your needs and matches your garage door selection, and with our expert installation, we’ll get the job done right the first time.
Your garage door needs to operate smoothly so you can go about your activities without stress. No matter what garage door service you need, we will leave your home or business spotless when we finish our work. Don’t risk injury or damage to your property by trying to complete your residential or commercial services without the proper training. Call TF Draper for installations, maintenance and repairs!