An annual tune-up is the best way to ensure your garage door stays working its best for longer. Tune-ups are an opportunity for our technicians to make adjustments that reduce wear and tear as well as to identify early warning signs of a problem that can potentially jeopardize your safety in the future.
Ultimately, a garage door is something you want to have work reliably without needing to think about it. A small investment in regular service can provide you with peace of mind all year long. It can also extend the life of your garage door and minimize the risk of expensive emergency service calls.
The Pacific Northwest’s Garage Door Service Pros
TF Draper provides yearly garage door maintenance for both homes and business. Based in Forest Grove, OR, we serve an area encompassing Portland, Vancouver, Lake Oswego, West Linn and elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest. Our team is qualified to repair all makes and models of garage door. We are an authorized dealer for Clopay® and other major manufacturers, and we can ensure all work is compliant with the terms of your warranty, using authorized parts.
We can schedule annual garage door tune-up service at a time that’s convenient for you. Call today to book an appointment at your convenience.
What’s Involved in Yearly Garage Door Maintenance
A garage door may seem simple, but it’s a highly complex mechanism consisting of several moving parts, as well as high-tension components that are dangerous to service on your own. Each installation is different, though a typical tune-up may involve:
- Performing a complete visual inspection. Our technicians will go over all components looking for signs of wear or damage, such as rust, frayed cables or springs, loose bolts, misaligned hardware and more. Often, issues that are spotted early are fixable with a few minimal adjustments.
- Cleaning away dirt and debris. Dirt that accumulates in the rollers or tracks of your garage door can impact its performance and lead to premature wear and tear. An annual tune-up may include wiping away grime and other contaminants.
- Lubricating all moving parts. Regular lubrication is one of the best things you can do for your garage door, and it’s an important part of an annual tune-up. Moving parts such as rollers and springs all require lubrication to prevent corrosion and damage. Our team knows what to apply and where to apply it to keep your garage door running smoothly.
- Tightening and adjusting hardware. With regular use, bolts can become loose, and hinges can become misaligned. Cables can lose tension as well. Fixing these small problems can prevent them from turning into more serious issues. Just a few minutes’ work can save you the expense of a major repair.
- Checking the alignment and balance. A door that is out of alignment or unbalanced will open and close erratically, causing additional damage to wearable components. Alignment issues can indicate hidden problems with your rollers, springs or other hardware. As part of our annual garage door tune-up service, our technicians will perform a balance test and, if necessary, make further adjustments or recommend repairs.
Ultimately, the goal of an annual tune-up is to make sure your garage door will work safely and reliably for the rest of the year. Doing so requires partnerships with expert technicians who know what to look for and go the extra mile to be thorough in their work.
TF Draper has a longstanding reputation as a leader in garage door service for the Pacific Northwest. We believe strongly in the value of preventative maintenance and recommend that all clients have a tune-up performed at least once a year. Call our office or use our online scheduling tool to book an appointment today.